Because funding is provided by the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), there is no cost to attend this event.
Hosting Agency: United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Michigan
Co-Hosting Agencies: Lansing Police Department & the Middle Atlantic-Great Lakes Organized Crime Law Enforcement Netwrok (MAGLOCLEN), a RISS Center
The safety and wellness of the officers on your watch depend on your leadership. The Mid-Level Leadership Workshop inspires mid-level law enforcement leaders to advance officer safety and wellness strategies within their own agencies.
This one-day grant-funded workshop, facilitated by subject-matter experts, is an event that:
· Addresses leadership strategies.
· Examines causes of officer assaults, injuries, and deaths.
· Explores critical officer wellness issues.
· Discusses protocols and best practices.
· Discusses setting a safety precedent and accountability.
· Illustrates actionable opportunities to increase safety and wellness.
Training will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, with a one-hour break for lunch (on your own).
Credit Hours Available: 8 Hours
Accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please contact the web event coordinators for further information.
For questions regarding registration and course content, please contact the event coordinators listed below from 8:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., ET.